Tuesday 2 September 2008

11 Days to go… Where did the summer go!?

It’s September already, and I am not sure where June, July or August have gone! Only 10 days now till the big event and all three of us are starting to make sure we have all of the ‘essentials’ for the challenge – we don’t want to be turned away in Scotland after all of this training! Claire, Craig and I caught up for a quick shopping trip tonight, and we think we are all sorted now. Although I am still debating the geekiness (and price) of gaiters, versus their benefit of dry lower trousers… though would I ever use them again?... Any thoughts?

This week I'm taking it easy - only a swim and a climb, oh and still walking to work, but no big walks this weekend. It’s probably a good thing my training is pretty much over, since I seem to have scared off all of my friends now as no-one wants to join me on days out anymore! I'm sure they’re worried I’ll make them walk some crazy distance or slope! Don’t worry guys, after this event I’ll be back to leisurely days out – I promise!

A BIG THANK YOU though to everyone who has supported us along the way, both in training, encouragement and sponsorship. We really do appreciate it. SO THANKS!

…and if you’ve been meaning to sponsor us but still haven’t, there’s still time…we’ve each got collection tins at work, plus our justgiving sites are still up and collecting (see links to the right)…

No comments: