Monday 25 August 2008

18 Days to go... Dumb Woman's Walk!

Lessons learnt on this walk...
If the weather forecast says it'll rain, it'll rain.
If the weather forecast says it'll be sunny, don't count on it.
It pays to put your water proof over trousers on BEFORE it rains, and before you cotton trousers are soaked through.
There was a reason my 'waterproof' jacket was on sale - because it's NOT waterproof.
English sea side towns are fairly depressing places, especially in the typical English summer.
But it wasn't all bad news on Sunday when Kirsti and I headed down to the South Coast for a 12 mile coastal walk from Rye to Hastings. Despite aborting the work at the halfway pub, due to being over water logged, we did manage to make it to Hastings, albeit aided by public transport and I learnt a few valuable lessons that I'm glad I learnt now, rather than on the 3 Peaks Challenge itself.
Thanks Kirsti for your company in the rain, and your sponsorship.
I'm now off to beg, borrow, or buy a proper waterproof jacket, and I'll try and remember to put on my waterproof trousers at the start of the 3 Peaks Challenge, whatever the weather!!

No comments: