Saturday 9 August 2008

35 Days to go...Carrie's Charity Walk

Part of the 3 Peaks Challenge is to raise money and awareness for The Meningitis Trust. I'd be struggling a bit on this side of things - training is something only I can do for myself, but fundraising is something I need the support of others... So far I'd been relying on the generousity of my friends - AND THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE SPONSORED ME SO FAR! (and those that keep meaning to, you know where to click www.justgiving.com/3csconquer3peaks).


So in an effort to boost my fundraising, without straining my friendships, I organised a 10mile walk in the lovely countryside around Henley (this was the same walk I did with my parents in June - but boy the day couldn't haven't been different!).
It was a very successful day, despite a shocking forcast, sunny spells in the morning meant that 25 people turned up for the walk. The sun didn't last long unfortunately and by the time we got to Henley the rain has started. And didn't stop!
Still, people were smiling all day and seemed to enjoy the walk, despite having to sit outside for lunch as the only pub on the route was full!! (The staff were very accommodating though, providing us with bin bags to sit on, and even doing table service outside in the rain! Thanks!).







A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAT CAME - Helen, Adrian, Michelle, Sharon, Eva, Isabel, Alex, Henrik, Aneta, Adela, Laetitia, Clara, Rhoda, Lucy, Charles C, Amanda, Delphine, Becky and Jake, ScottE, Nic, Heidi, Katarzyna, Colin, SA, Pash, and Matt.
You all helped me to raise over £150 for the Meningitis Trust.

No comments: